Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I apologize...no I've not dropped off the earth

Hello,

I apologize for it being so long since I've posted and or updated a couple things.  I've been working my business but not always able to be as focused as I normally would like to be.  

Many of you are aware my step-mother (Stella) is in a losing battle with Cancer.  I'm happy to say she is still with us.  However, I'm also sad to say the strong fight she has fought is almost over.  She & my Dad live close to Gulf Shores, Alabama in a little area called Loxley and for now I'm going to be here with them to help in any way I can.

My dad and I are extremely close and a little trivia is that my husband & I actually introduced the two of them 18 years ago. :-)  It was immediately obvious they were made to be together.  I don't think I could ever find two people more in love and suited for each other.

It absolutely both touches and breaks my heart at the same time to see my dad being so loving and sweet to Stella.  He stays by her side every minute and looks after her every need.  Sometimes so much so that I don't think even she knows she needed it.  Hospice is coming in regularly now which is a huge blessing.  However, he still insists to do every little thing he can himself as gently and sweetly as possible.  Constantly I hear him say how much he loves her and how she is "his girl" all in the most loving kind voice. 

I'd love to share the book I just finished and received here at my dad's for Stella.  Putting this book together has been a labor of love for Stella and my dad and I'm sure it will be a treasured book to all of our family.  I hope it will inspire you to get your families pictures and or stories put together.  It certainly has inspired me to get on with my dad's life story next.  And it's funny,  when I had brought it up to him previously that I wanted to do it he would always say "ok, but there are not many pictures and I don't know what you would want to know".  Now, just the other day he was telling someone who came by to visit Stella about hers being done and being here soon when he followed it by saying "I needed to do his next".  You can bet this hard but quality time I am spending with my dad will be fruitful and blessed with wonderful conversations...and that book for my dad...well...it will definitely be done!

Enjoy...and please let me know if I can help you get your own book or other special project done.  It would be my pleasure to help you. 






CLICK on the following link to preview my special book for Stella
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectID=1680171&productId=9&sponsorID=419825

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers.  

Sincerely,